Monday, May 4, 2009

Keaton Beach Fishing 5/2 - 5/3











I headed south by myself after work Friday to see if the bite was on. I made great time and arrived in 3 hours 40 minutes. I was fishing with a friend from Americus and his kid so I did not have to put my boat in the water. I stopped by and checked on her though, she looked real lonely.

We were on the water Saturday morning amidst the fleet of boats for the Optimist Tournament. We didn't fish the tournament but got the privilege of many boats riding through our drifts all day. We headed to spot one and immediately hooked up with the fish. The bite was real strong in the morning and kinda petered out in the afternoon. We probably caught 150 fish between KW, AW and me. We ended up with 15 nice fish by the end of the day with the largest being 24". There were many trout that were 14.99" that made it back in the water. Most of our trout were 16.5' - 18". The weather was awesome, around 80 with a 10 knot south wind. The water was around 75 degrees and clear to slightly stained.

Sunday was going to be a quick day. On the water by 7:30 and planned to be off by 10. We went back to the same spot we started at on Saturday. We immediately started picking up fish. The crazy thing was there were no shorts biting like on Saturday. Almost every hook up was a keeper. KW and I picked up 9 nice keepers between 16" - 19" by 10. I thought it was a pretty good trip. I enjoyed it Wille.

0 comments: