We still can't believe it but it's true... WE'RE PREGNANT!!! Here's one of the first pictures of our "Little Lee".jpg)
Back in October, we decided after two rounds of medicine with the doctor here in Macon without getting pregnant that we would just take a break. We decided we'd enjoy the rest of 2009 and maybe start trying again in 2010. However, the Lord had different plans for us! One Sunday in mid December I was sitting in church and I got an all to familiar feeling of nausea. I didn't think too much about it because it was happening the month after I used the medicine and sometimes that made me sick. But after all afternoon of steady nausea, I started to think maybe, just maybe, I was pregnant????
David and I decided to take a test that afternoon and I quickly looked at it and said no. But David looked at it and told me to come look more closely - there were two pink lines!!! David and I couldn't believe it!! We didn't know if we should cry, laugh, scream, pray.... so we decided the best thing to do was take another test! David went straight to Walgreen's down the road and bought the most expensive test and came straight home. Right away we saw two pink lines!! We're definitely pregnant!!
We really couldn't believe it so we took Belle on a walk around the neighborhood to let it all soak in. We're having a baby!! After we got back, we put a little tshirt on Belle and took her around town. She wasn't too sure what was going on but she was a good sport!.jpg)
I think our families were just as surprised and excited as us! Over the next week, I went to the doctor three times to check my hcg levels and they were perfect! They almost doubled every other day which is right on track. So we were set up with an ultrasound for December 28. We had a wonderful Christmas and when we went for the ultrasound, we saw a beautiful baby with a heartbeat! Our baby was still very small, only 3.7mm, but we were already in love! The doctor actually said he thought the baby's heart probably just started beating in the past day or two. So we went home full of joy, a little less nervous and very excited about the next nine months!
Two weeks later we headed back to the doctor and our baby had grown a lot! Our baby was now 13.7mm with a strong steady heartbeat of 171 beats per minute!! We were so excited!! We were also officially released from the specialist doctor and we are now able to schedule an appointment with our regular OB! The doctor told us everything was measuring perfect and our chance of miscarriage was down to 5%, which is as good as it gets. We are so excited and so thankful for answered prayers!!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
We're Pregnant!!!
Posted by Lisa and David at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment